We are continually looking for dedicated volunteers to work with our team. Volunteers assist us with the following important tasks:
• Answering the Helpline and providing compassionate listening or referrals for bereaved callers
• Assistance with event coordination (attendance at conference booths, marketing and promotion, logistics and planning)
• Social media updates on Facebook and Twitter
• Assistance with support group and training program coordination (communications, marketing and promotion, logistics and planning)
• Administrative duties, and more!
Volunteers are trained on the history of BCBH, the key elements of grief and mourning, and varying theories regarding grief and loss, plus training on compassionate listening and referral making.
Volunteer shifts are four hours long from 9am – 1pm and 1pm – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Shift schedules are coordinated based on available time slots and what works best with the volunteer’s schedule. Please note that a minimum of a 6-month commitment is requested. Volunteer activities take place at our office in Downtown Vancouver.