Kearney Funeral Services – Burnaby
715 Hastings Street
Kearney Funeral Services – Cloverdale
Avenue Cloverdale, BC
Kearney Funeral Services – New Westminster
Columbia-Bowell Chapel 219 6th Street
New Westminster, BC
Since its inception in 1988, the BC Bereavement Helpline has been active in the provision or encouragement of, and remains committed to:
Education – by providing knowledge and understanding of the psychological, sociological, physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions of dying, death and bereavement
Research – by encouraging research projects on dying, death and bereavement
Advocacy – by advocating on behalf of the bereaved within the public and private sectors
Service – by acting as a resource and support to the bereaved and caregivers through referral and interdisciplinary communication
BCBH is supported by government assistance, grants, fundraising and its members. By becoming a BCBH member you become part of a group dedicated to helping those coping with grief and loss with the following benefits:
- Promotion of member events on the BCBH website, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Early bird pricing on training programs
- Provide input on the direction of BCBH programs and services.
- Belong to an organization committed to connecting the public to grief support services within BC.
- Helping BCBH grow – the more members we have the greater the impact for grants and support.
- Support a local society. Everyone deserves easy access to grief support.
- Demonstrate to others your involvement and commitment in helping others cope with grief and loss.
When you make a donation through CanadaHelps you can choose to make a one-time amount or a regular monthly gift, plus you will automatically receive a tax receipt from CanadaHelps.