BCBH Board of Directors
The Board of Directors’ primary purpose is to guide and protect the BC Bereavement Helpline’s successful long-term viability into the foreseeable future. The Board of Directors is responsible for defining the BC Bereavement Helpline's mission and values, and continuously ensuring that these values guide the organization's strategic intents and operational performance. The Board’s key areas of focus include the following:
- Providing strategic leadership.
- Taking a fiduciary responsibility.
- Providing clarification between Board and staff roles.
- Emphasizing the future over the past and present, and,
- Acting proactively rather than reactively.
If you have 2-4 hours per month, we are always seeking individuals to join our Board.
Currently, we are seeking to expand our geographic representation within the province of British Columbia and welcome inquiries from candidates outside the Lower Mainland. The BC Bereavement Helpline is committed to equity. We seek qualified applications from underrepresented groups including persons of colour, Indigenous, trans and gender variant persons, older adults and persons with disabilities.
Skills and Talents needed on our Board of Directors:
- Grant writing experience
- Government experience and connections within the Ministry of Health
- Experience with mental health and mental health organizations in BC
- Those who are coping with stigmatized losses including suicide, loss by substance use or homicide
You can download our application or please send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, call the Helpline at 604-738-9950, or toll-free at 1-877-779-2223.